miércoles, 24 de noviembre de 2010

My Experience Learning English at the University

To think that the university is a place where students just come to learn about things only involved in those topics for which they enrolled to the university, all that it would be correct, but in the case of our university, the UNIVERSIDAD DE CHILE, we would be in a mistake.
One of the thing that our university promotes, it is an integral student, who not just must develop skills in his area, but also in other areas, as sport, community activities, and much more thing. One of the skills expected for the university is that student can engage a talk with anyone. For this the university gives English class.

In my case, I’m almost finishing this subject, and I have to say that has been very rewarding. I just had learnt some of English in school, but not enough. This year of English I’ve learnt many things about English and everyday I feel that I know more and more about it.
Also I have to say other things not so good, because as all in life, there are good things and bad things. I think that the university should have a planning much more, for example in other levels there are people that don’t have a good basis, they don’t know much grammar and also they must learn things about medical areas without learning things basic of English, it is very difficult for them.

Other things bad, that I did not like, it was, the approach with which we learnt English, for example there were partners of different areas, one of medicine, others of midwives(as me),and another of physical therapy. The guides were very generals, and almost just focused to medicine and a little bit to obstetrics.

Despite all it was a big experience, which not just I learnt new thing about English, but also I met new people, which is very good, though to ones more than others, also I could meet a big teacher, whom I gave all acknowledgment.
It has been a great experience despite all…I’ll see you in any time, BYE!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario